These shrimp skewers are fast to make and delicious to eat! Pair with a salad or roasted veggies for a great summer meal. This marinade could also be used with chicken or tofu.
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (here is a link to one you can find at Walmart: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/huy-fong-foods-chili-garlic-sauce/6000188761468)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Make marinade by combining the sesame oil, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and minced garlic.
- Place shrimp and half of the marinade in a ziplock bag for at least 15 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers (discard any marinade left in bag).
- Grill 2-3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Brush with remaining marinade and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Makes 2 skewers. Count each skewer as: 2 protein (group 6) and 1 fat (group 7).
Thanks to L for passing this along!
Recipe adapted from: https://www.maebells.com/