These protein-packed bowls are a wonderful make-ahead dinner or lunch!
Ingredients for Power Bowl
- 1 cup chopped Lettuce (any kind)
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken – you could use any chopped chicken you like (Greek Chicken recipe below – great flavour – could also use tofu, chickpeas, beef, etc. instead of chicken for protein)
- 1/3 cup Tomatoes, sliced or chopped (any type)
- 1/4 cup Olives
- 1/3 cup Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Red Bell Peppers, sliced or chopped
- 2 Prosciutto slices (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Feta
- 1 tablespoon Tazitki
- 1 tablespoon Hummus
Directions for Power Bowl:
- In a large bowl add the chopped lettuce and top with the remaining ingredients.
Makes 1 bowl. Count each power bowl as: 4 protein (includes the Prosciutto) – group 6; and 1 fat – group 7.
Ingredients for Greek chicken marinade
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
Directions for marinade:
Whisk all ingredients in a bowl; add chicken to combine and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight. Grill or bake chicken. Chop up and leave in the fridge for up to 5 days to add to power bowls or any other dish!
Thanks to L for passing along the original recipe from: https://www.maebells.com/