These pork chops are tender and delicious with this creamy sauce! Substitute with chicken breasts or any other meat/veggie of your choice.
- 6 thick cut boneless pork chops, about 1 to 1.5″ thick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions for Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Combine salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the pork chops. Rub the seasoning onto the chops with your fingers.
- Place the chops on the wire rack and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145-degrees.
Directions for Sauce
- With 15 minutes left on the pork chop oven timer, begin the sauce.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until tender crisp but do not overcook. Transfer the cooked bacon pieces to a small bowl but do not drain the bacon grease.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let melt. Add the garlic and sauté 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and toss to coat with the butter and garlic. Saute 2 to 3 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the remaining butter and continue cooking until the mushrooms are a rich brown color, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add the cream to the skillet and stir to combine. Return the bacon to the skillet. Reduce the heat slightly.
- Let the sauce simmer about 5 minutes to reduce slightly, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Add the cream cheese cubes and stir until melted and combined.
- Let the sauce simmer on low until the pork chops are done, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and nestle into the sauce. Use a spoon to drizzle some of the sauce on top of the pork chops. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings – 1 pork chop & appx. 2-3 tbsp sauce
Count each serving as: 4 protein (group 6) and 3 fat (group 7)
Recipe adapted from www.ketoinpearls.com