This crunchy, creamy salad is a delicious mix of savoury and sweet flavours. Perfect as a side dish or base for a meal!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup apples, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup carrots, julienned
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- optional: 4 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar or small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place broccoli, apple, onion, carrots, and bacon (plus optional dried cranberries, if using) in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Chill before serving – a few hours in the fridge is best. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings. Count each serving as 1/2 portion fruit (group 4) and 4 portions fat (group 7). The amount of carrot per serving is minimal, so we can consider the vegetables here to be free.
Recipe adapted from: www.lichenpaleolovingaip.com. Thanks to L for sending us this recipe!