These easy cauliflower muffins are delicious as a side-dish, snack or appetizer! Thanks to L for sending us this great recipe.
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (use food processor, cheese grater, or bag of frozen/fresh riced cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese you like)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 large or extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Mix cauliflower rice, diced onion, shredded cheese and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Stir egg into cauliflower mixture.
- Scoop mixture into mini or regular muffin tins coated to prevent sticking. The yield will be about 24 mini muffins or 8-9 regular sized muffins.
- Press mixture down with the back of a spoon or fingers.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm and starting to brown.
- Gently remove from muffin tins and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings or approximately 24 mini muffins (1 serving = 3 mini muffins). Count each serving as 1 protein (group 6). Original recipe courtesy of www.dinner-mom.com