Cherry tomatoes are delicious this time of year! Roasting them, especially in a grill basket on the barbecue, creates a fantastic flavour. This summer salad is a delicious side-dish, or could be topped with feta and chicken for a higher-protein meal!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Brush the tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Cook on the grill on medium-high heat, using a metal vegetable basket. Turn/toss the tomatoes a few times, for about 15 minutes until they have browned slightly. If using the oven, bake at 450°F (225°C) for about 15 minutes. Stir and turn the oven off, but leave the tomatoes to bake a little longer—about 10 more minutes.
- Plate and sprinkle chopped scallions on top. Drizzle with vinegar and the rest of the olive oil. Let rest so the flavors mingle; serve the salad lukewarm or cold.
Makes 4 servings. Count each serving as: 2 fat (group 7).
Recipe courtesy of www.dietdoctor.com