This is a delicious, easy, make-ahead salad to serve as a side at a barbecue or use as a base for your favourite protein!
- 1 or 2 large English cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt(or mayonnaise)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons red onion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumber and arrange with the sliced red onion in a large, shallow dish or salad bowl.
- In a jar, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Greek yogurt (or mayo), garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Close the lid and shake vigorously. Pour over the cucumbers in the dish.
- Cover and marinate for 2 to 3 hours on the counter or more in the refrigerator. Bring the chilled cucumber salad to room temperature before serving and garnish with additional chopped dill.
Makes 4 servings. Count each serving as 1.5 fat (group 7).
Recipe courtesy of www.eatwell101.com.