½ C chopped onion
1 – 2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp olive oil
3 heads broccoli, chopped
1 C cheddar cheese
½ C milk
6 – 7 C chicken broth
Salt and pepper
- Heat pot to medium and sauté onions and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add chicken broth and broccoli, cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
- Using a hand blender, blend broccoli to a fine texture.
- Add cheese and milk and continue blending.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings; count as either ½ protein or ½ dairy