1.1kg rack spare ribs
Sugar-free BBQ Sauce:
½ cup crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp liquid smoke
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic
¼ tsp stevia or sweetener of choice
• Mince the garlic cloves. In a bowl combine the BBQ sauce ingredients and mix well.
• Place the rack of ribs into a slow cooker and pour the BBQ sauce all over.
• Put the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
• Once cooked, preheat the oven to 210C/410F. Carefully take out the rack of ribs from the slow cooker (the bones will fall off easily) and place on a baking tray. Spoon half of the BBQ sauce from the slow cooker and pour over the ribs.
• Bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes to get that crispy flavourful skin.
• Take the remainder of the BBQ sauce and put it in a bowl. You can use it later to dip the ribs in.
• Cut the ribs up and they are ready to serve!
Recipe courtesy of www.mypcoskitchen.com
Makes 4 servings; count each serving as 3 proteins.