1 (4 -5 lb) whole roasting chicken
Scant olive oil for greasing the pan
2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
4 whole garlic cloves (optional)
1 yellow onion, quartered (optional)
• Grease the inside of a 5 quart or larger crockpot with olive oil.
• Combine all dry ingredients.
• Rub the dry ingredients all over the chicken, inside and out, and place in crockpot, breast side down.
• If desired, place onion and garlic inside chicken.
• DO NOT ADD ANY WATER.
• Cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8 hours on low.
• The chicken should be so tender it will fall off the bone!
Makes 4 – 6 servings; all protein!
Recipe courtesy of Food.com; thanks to L.M for bringing it in to us!