This is an easy and delicious recipe, and tasty served with a green salad and cauliflower rice!
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp celtic sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
2 lb pork tenderloin
4 oz butter, thinly sliced into 4-6 pats
2 tbsp diced garlic
1 tsp dried basil*
1 tsp dried oregano*
1 tsp dried thyme*
1 tsp dried parsley*
1/2 tsp dried sage*
*OR 1 tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• In a small bowl, combine garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, and sage. Set aside.
• Generously season tenderloin with salt and pepper.
• In a large pan, heat oil until shimmery.
• Add tenderloin to pan and cook on all sides until dark golden brown.
• Add tenderloin to baking sheet.
• Generously coat tenderloin with herb mix.
• Place pats of butter on top of the tenderloin.
• Wrap in foil, bake until pork is 150 degrees internally at the widest part of the tenderloin (about 25 minutes.)
• When pork has come to temperature, remove and let rest for at least five minutes to lock in juices.
• Slice against the grain and serve immediately.
Count each ounce of cooked pork as 1 serving of protein, and if you drizzle the butter over the top, count each teaspoon of butter as 1 fat.
Recipe courtesy of www.sweetcsdesigns.com