We were inspired by a client who made this recipe! If you don’t have a waffle iron, you could make this as a pancake/wrap as well. Mini waffle irons (individual size) can be found on Amazon.ca or at Bed Bath and Beyond!
Basic Chaffle Ingredients
– 1 large egg
– ½ cup shredded mozzarella
– Whisk egg and add shredded mozzarella (finely shredded is best)
– Heat waffle iron and cook 2-3 minutes or until desired consistency
Makes 2 small waffles. Count each waffle as 1.5 servings of protein.
Whole recipe = 3 servings of protein.
– Add 1 tbsp almond flour to make this more “bread-like”
– Add sweetener (i.e. stevia, xylitol, erythritol, monkfruit)
– Add cocoa powder to make it chocolate
Us on its own or as a “bun”. Our client made hers into a BLT wrap for lunch!
Thanks to “C” for the inspiration.