1 tsp sesame oil
8oz ground turkey
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
2 tbsp fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
Pinch of sugar
Dash of hot pepper sauce
• In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over a medium-high heat.
• Cook turkey, garlic, ginger and fish sauce, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
• Remove from heat.
• In a large bowl, blend mango, pepper, cilantro (or basil) and mint.
• Add turkey mixture to bowl and stir.
• Drizzle with lime juice, sugar and hot sauce; stir to combine.
• Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings; count each serving as 1 ½ proteins and 1 fruit.
Recipe courtesy of Foodland Ontario – thanks to M.W.