10 x 9-inch bamboo skewers soaked in water for 15-30 minutes
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or more to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound medium or large shrimp peeled (except for the tail) and deveined
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together cilantro, salt, pepper, cayenne and olive oil. Add shrimp and gently toss to coat.
3. Run one skewer through the fattest part of 7 or 8 shrimp (depending on shrimp size), nesting the shrimp so they are curved in the same direction. Run a second skewer through all the shrimp near the tail.
4. Adjust shrimp, giving each a little space, to help them cook evenly. Repeat with remaining shrimp and skewers.
5. Grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until shrimp are just cooked through. Transfer to platter and serve.
This recipe serves 4 as an appetizer. Count each serving as 2 proteins and 2 fats.
Recipe courtesy of www.pinchandswirl.com