Tasty cherry tomatoes and savoury feta cheese perk up green beans in this easy-to-prepare dish, all done in the oven and needing only a tiny bit of attention.
- 2 cups/ 500 mL cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup/60 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb/ 500g green beans, trimmed
- 3 green onions (white and light green parts only) chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ tsp/2 mL salt
- ¼ cup/ 60 mL chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup/ 125 mL cubed or crumbled feta cheese
- In an 8- to 12-cup (2 to 3 L) baking dish, mix tomatoes with oil.
- Roast in 450 degree F/ 230 degree C oven until lightly browned, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; reduce heat to 350 degree F/180 degree C
- Mix in beans, green onions, garlic and salt.
- Cover and bake until beans are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; toss in dill.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 2 fats and ½ protein
Adapted from Homemakers magazine.