FOR THE DIJON BALSAMIC DRESSING AND MARINADE
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ tablespoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
FOR THE STEAK
2 (4-ounces each) top sirloin steaks
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, smashed
FOR THE SALAD
6 cups packed torn romaine lettuce or mixed baby greens
½ cup thinly sliced red onions
1 whole avocado, thinly sliced
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1 whole cucumber, washed, dried, and cut into cubes
½ cup crumbled feta, blue or goat cheese
FOR THE SALAD DRESSING/MARINADE
• Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined.
• Measure out 1/4 cup of the marinade and pour it into a ziploc bag. Set the rest of the salad dressing aside.
FOR THE STEAKS
• Take the steaks and place them inside the ziploc bag with the marinade; close the bag, rub the marinade all around the steaks, and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
• Take steaks out of the ziploc bag and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
• Add 2 tablespoons butter and smashed garlic cloves to a cast iron skillet and melt over medium-high heat.
• Add steaks to skillet and cook until brown and cooked to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per each side for medium-rare.
• Remove steaks from skillet, set aside and keep covered.
FOR THE SALAD
• Arrange torn romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, cubed cucumbers, thinly sliced red onions, and a sliced avocado in a large salad bowl.
• Slice the steaks against the grain, into about 1/4 inch thick slices.
• Arrange sliced steaks over salad.
• Pour remaining dressing over salad.
• Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Makes 2 servings; count each as 4 proteins and 4 fats.
Recipe courtesy of www.diethood.com