This burger gets a Middle Eastern twist from the addition of garlic, cumin, coriander, and fresh mint and parsley folded into the ground turkey.
1 ½ lb ground turkey
2 medium cloves garlic
¼ cup lightly packed chopped fresh mint
¼ cup lightly packed chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp cayenne
- Put the ground turkey in a large bowl.
- Mince the garlic and mix it with the mint, parsley, olive oil, paprika, cumin, coriander, and cayenne into the turkey.
- Shape the meat into 4 equal 1-inch-thick patties.
- Refrigerate, for at least 20 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Grill the burgers, until nicely marked and just cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted in a burger should read 165°F), 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Makes 4 burgers, count each burger as 4 proteins.
Recipe courtesy of www.finecooking.com