If you like spinach artichoke dip and mushrooms, you will love these stuffed mushrooms. Serve them as an appetizer or side dish.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 medium portobello mushrooms stems and gills removed
1 package frozen chopped spinach cooked and drained, 10 ounces
1 can artichoke hearts drained and chopped, 14 ounce can
4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
2 tablespoons sour cream
½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
2 cloves garlic chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
3 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
• Brush mushrooms with olive oil, place on baking pan in center of oven and broil high, 5 minutes each side, or until tender.
• Squeeze cooked spinach in clean dish towel if desired to remove excess water.
• Mix together the spinach, artichoke, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined.
• Stuff each mushroom cap with the spinach mix, distributing the filling evenly between the mushrooms.
• Sprinkle tops with mozzarella cheese.
• Bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes. Turn broiler on high for a few minutes at end of baking to brown cheese, if needed.
Makes 8 servings, serving size is half of a stuffed mushroom. Count each serving as 1 protein, 3 fats and 1 restricted vegetable.
Net carbs per serving: 4.9g
Recipe courtesy of LowCarbYum.com