Smear with butter, and you will think you are eating the real thing! Maria Emmerich’s keto bread sports a pleasing crispy crust with a soft, moist center. It’s bread—you know what to do. Savor it warm, straight out of the oven, or freeze, defrost, and toast to perfection…
1¼ cups almond flour
5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cider vinegar
1 cup boiling water
3 egg whites
2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands and make 6 pieces of the dough. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.
Makes 6 buns, count each one as 4 fats.
Recipe courtesy of Maria Emmerich via www.dietdoctor.com