8 chicken thighs
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound mushrooms, quartered
1 cup chopped onions
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups diced tomatoes with juices
1 cup pitted black olives, drained
1 cup fresh basil leaves
• Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
• Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken thighs to the pan and sear for 8 to 9 minutes, until they are golden brown.
• Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic to the pan.
• Cook for another 8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170F.
• Lower the heat to medium-low, then add the tomatoes, olives and basil and cook until just warmed through.
• Serve and enjoy!
Makes 8 chicken thighs, count each thigh with sauce as 2 proteins and 2 fats.
Recipe courtesy of Maria Emmerich, “30 day Ketogenic Cleanse”.