This delicious light meal would pair well with sautéed cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles and a salad.
4 salmon fillets, 150g each
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups grape tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tbsp basil pesto
- Rub salmon with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl toss tomatoes with the other tablespoon of oil, the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon on a baking tray and top each piece with 1 tablespoon of basil pesto. Place the tomatoes beside the salmon.
- Bake at 400F (205C) for 12 – 15 minutes, or until salmon is no longer opaque inside.
- Serve the salmon topped with tomatoes.
Makes 4 servings; count each serving as 3 proteins and 3 fats.
Recipe courtesy of Farm Boy.