2 tbsp butter
675g mixed wild mushrooms, tough stems removed, chopped
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 C vegetable broth
2 C water
¼ C mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp each salt and pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
• In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook mushrooms and rosemary, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and starting to brown, and almost no liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
• Add garlic, cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in broth and water; bring to the boil.
• Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
• Puree soup in a blender until smooth. Return soup to the saucepan, and heat over medium-low heat.
• Whisk in mascarpone, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Makes 4 servings; count each serving as 3 fats.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Living.