Serve these delicious dips side-by-side for red and green party hors d’oeuvres!
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
• 1 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ⅓ cup sour cream
• 2 teaspoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
• Assorted vegetables from your free list to dip!
1) Drain roasted peppers. Chop and set aside 2 tablespoons of the roasted peppers. In a food processor bowl or blender container combine remaining roasted peppers, vinegar, lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder. Cover and process or blend until mixture is smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Stir in sour cream, reserved roasted peppers and 1 teaspoon of the cilantro or parsley.
2) Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining cilantro on top. Serve immediately (or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours). Serve with vegetables.
Makes 5 (¼-cup) servings. Count each serving as 1 restricted vegetable and 1 fat.
Roasted Garlic-Spinach Dip
• 1 whole head garlic
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
• ¼ cup milk
• Dash bottled hot pepper sauce
• 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut up
• Chopped tomato (optional)
1) Peel away outer dry leaves from head of garlic, leaving skin of garlic cloves intact. Cut off pointed top portion of head (about ¼ inch) with a knife, leaving the bulb intact. Place on a double-thick, 12-inch square of foil. Drizzle garlic with the oil. Fold foil to enclose garlic. Bake in a 375ºF oven for 20 minutes or until garlic is soft. Cool.
2) Cook spinach according to package directions, except omit salt. Drain well; press out excess liquid.
3) Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into food processor bowl, discarding skins. Add the drained spinach, milk, hot pepper sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover and process until well combined. Add cream cheese. Cover; process until nearly smooth.
4) Transfer mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
5) To serve, transfer to serving bowl. If desired, sprinkle with tomato. Serve with vegetables.
One serving = 3 tablespoons. Count each serving as 2 fats.