3-4 roasted red peppers, de-skinned and de-seeded and roughly chopped (Either jarred in water or you could roast your own)
1 avocado, pitted
1 yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
½ lime, juiced
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ avocado, diced
4-5 cooked sausages
• Place a saucepan over medium heat, add in oil, garlic and onion. Cook up onions until they are translucent.
• Then add in your roasted red peppers with broth and coconut milk along with your smoked paprika, paprika, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt and pepper. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
• While soup is simmering, slice up your sausages and cook on a skillet on both sides.
• Once everything has simmered, scoop out avocado and add to the saucepan along with lime juice. Then use an immersion blender to mix until soup is smooth and creamy.
• Top soup with diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and sausage.
Makes 4 servings; count each serving as 2 proteins and 5 fats.
Recipe from paleomg.com www.drbishop.ca