1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 lb ground lamb
1 lb ground pork
1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 large egg
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried oregano)
• Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
• Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and season them with the salt, cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onion mixture to a small bowl and set aside to cool.
• Put the lamb, pork, mushrooms, egg, lemon zest and oregano in a mixing bowl. When the onion mixture is no longer hot to the touch, add it to the bowl with the meat and work everything together with your hands.
• Shape the meat mixture into 2 inch balls and place on a rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until cooked through.
• Serve with tzatziki, sliced cucumbers, Greek olives or a Greek salad!
Makes 8 servings; count each serving as 3 proteins and 2 fats.
Recipe courtesy of “30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse” by Maria Emmerich