1 medium sized spaghetti squash
2 cups marinara sauce
4 mild Italian turkey sausages
1 Cup frozen spinach, defrosted and with excess liquid squeezed out
1/3 Cup ricotta cheese
½ Cup mozzarella cheese
Flat leaf parsley for topping (optional)
• Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with foil.
• Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, drizzle over some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 – 40 minutes.
• Let the squash cool for about 10 minutes before scooping out the strands with a fork and placing them in a bowl.
• Reserve the squash skins, placing them cut side up back on the foil lined baking sheet.
Turkey and Spinach Sauce:
• Heat a small skillet over a medium high heat and drizzle in some olive oil.
• Remove the sausages from their casings, crumble and cook in the skillet until the sausage is cooked all the way through.
• Add in the marinara sauce and spinach and heat through.
• Combine the sauce mixture with the spaghetti squash that you placed in a bowl, and toss together so that the squash is coated in sauce.
• Scoop the squash and sauce mixture back into the squash skins and top with dollops of ricotta and shredded mozzarella cheese.
• Broil the spaghetti squash lasagna until the cheese is melted and golden.
Makes 2 servings; count each serving as 3 proteins.
Recipe courtesy of reciperunner.com