3 bacon strips, diced
½ small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp pepper
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups cauliflower, chopped
2 ounces cream cheese
½ tsp hot sauce
• In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
• Set bacon aside and reserve 1 tablespoon drippings. .
• Sauté onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
• In another pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil and place cauliflower in the pot.
• Boil for 6 minutes or until very tender.
• Stir in salt, basil and pepper, mix well.
• Turn down the heat and add cream cheese and hot pepper sauce, heat through but do not boil.
• Remove from the heat, add in the cooked onion and garlic, and blend in a food processor.
• Serve garnished with bacon.
Makes 4 servings; count each serving as 1 fat.
Recipe courtesy of mariamindbodyhealth.com