Ingredients for Almond Pie Crust:
1 ½ cups almond flour or almond meal
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp stevia (or other non-sugar sweetener)
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Filling:
2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling which is full of sugar)
1 cup heavy cream
6 tbsp stevia (or other non-sugar sweetener)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp salt
Instructions for Pie Crust:
• Heat oven to 350 F.
• Melt the butter in a mixing bowl. Add the almond flour (or meal) and stevia and mix.
• Using your fingertips, press the dough to the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
• Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After 8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown it goes quickly.
Instructions for Pie Filling:
• In a mixer, beat the eggs.
• Add in pumpkin puree, vanilla, spices, stevia (or other sweetener), and heavy cream. Mix well.
• Pour into pie crust and bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick (or knife) inserted comes out clean.
• Let cool completely.
Makes 8 servings; count each serving as your fats for the day and 1 restricted vegetable.
Recipe courtesy of Heal Clinics – www.healclinics.com