Here is an easy low carb way of preparing chicken that the kids will love too!
1 cup natural (skin on) almonds
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ cup shelled hemp seeds
¼ cup whole flaxseeds
845g boneless skinless chicken breasts
• In a food processor, pulse together the almonds, paprika, garlic powder and the salt and pepper until coarsely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish and stir in the hemp seeds and flax seeds.
• In a separate shallow dish whisk together the eggs.
• Cut the chicken into 16 strips.
• Dip the chicken in the egg, letting excess mixture drip back into the dish. Then turn the chicken in the nut mixture until coated.
• Place on a baking sheet that has been lightly oiled. Drizzle a little more oil over the chicken pieces and bake in a 400F oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through.
Makes 8 servings; count each serving as 3 proteins and 3 fats.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Living.