3 zucchinis, spiralized, or chopped thinly to resemble long linguine noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
½ C chicken broth
¼ C white wine
1 lemon, juiced
½ tsp lemon zest
Salt to taste
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ C butter
4 tbsp chopped fresh herbs – basil, parsley, cilantro, use your favourite!
Optional: Chopped chili or chili flakes
• Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and sauté garlic about 1 minute.
• Mix in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
• Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by about 1/2.
• Mix shrimp, butter and herbs into the saucepan.
• Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp is opaque.
• Stir in zucchini noodles, and continue cooking 2 minutes, until well coated and the zucchini is cooked.
Makes 4 servings; count each serving as 2 proteins, 3 fats and 1 fruit.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com www.drbishop.ca