1 lbs ground beef or ground pork sausages
8 pieces of bacon, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, diced
2 onions, diced
½ container of mushrooms
2 apples, diced
1 cup of dried cranberries
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 garlic clove, minced
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup of turkey broth or chicken broth
¼ cup of butter, melted
1 tsp of poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil, throw in diced sweet potatoes, and sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, then set aside.
• While those cook, place chopped bacon in a large skillet, place over medium-high heat. When fat is expressed from the bacon add minced garlic, onions, mushrooms and apples. Add a bit of salt and pepper and cook. Once cooked add to a large bowl and set aside.
• Cook ground beef or sausages and poultry seasoning over medium heat in a skillet until thoroughly cooked, remove from heat, drain and set aside.
• Now beat the eggs and mix it with the bacon and onion mixture. Add the chicken broth, along with sweet potatoes, walnuts and cranberries and mix well. Once all ingredients are cooled to room temperature, add the meat mixture and all other remaining ingredients.
• Mix in soft/melted butter and mix well.
• Use a 9×13 baking dish. Place in dish.
• Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Makes 12 servings; count each serving as 3 Fats, ⅓ Carbohydrate, 1½ Fruits and 1 Protein.
Recipe courtesy of cavemanstrong.com
Related Topics:Side Dishes
Related Posts:Easy Vegetable Au Gratin
Zesty Roasted Vegetables